Sunday, May 22, 2011

Currently Loving {Leather Bags and Memorial Day Getaways}

With Memorial Day weekend arriving soon, I have been thinking about what exactly I would like to do during my three days of freedom. A few ideas that I am hoping to accomplish:
  • Make a delicious meal: I really want to take the time to experiment in the kitchen. And now, with better produce out and barbequing being acceptable, I thought I will try this avocado and tomato salad:
Avocado and Tomato Salad
1 container cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 carton fresh mozzarella cheese pearls, drained
1 avocado, peeled and diced
1/3 cup basil, julienned
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper
baguette-optional
*courtesy: ValSoCal
  • Get outside! I have been researching for a great place to go on a day hike. Wallace Falls near Stevens Pass is 5.5 miles round trip and offers beautiful views! Could also be a great hike for a beginner like myself.

And a few new things I have added to my wish list, (well, maybe wishful thinking)...



  • It's just another necklace. My jewelry obsession has gotten a little out of control. It's not that I need another dainty necklace to wear day-to-day, but I love the current styles from Dogeared. I especially love the Pearls of Wisdom style.

No comments:

Post a Comment